Friday 1 February 2013

Clearing Clutter For Clarity

One of the Abraham processes in Ask And It Is Given, called Clearing Clutter For Clarity, is to buy a load of boxes, and sort out everything in your house. 

I have a very clear and clutter free home, having gotten rid of most un-necessary things when I was homeless a few years ago. I enjoy the freedom of living in a space with minimal items.

I've never felt like I needed to use this process in this house. Apart from one area. da da duunnn: the upstairs cupboard.

Having kept diaries and journals all of my life, they are some of the few items I held onto during these transformation years. I have accumulated i good number of them. I have been documenting the adventures I've had on this happiness treasure hunt; often with explicit detail, in preparation for writing my books.

I also have novels, and self-help books and children's books that I've read. And guess where they've all been shoved.

That's right. The upstairs cupboard.

I love Homebargains (a shop on the high st that sells all sorts of homely items, for very reasonable prices - hence the apt name) because it always has exactly what I need. And a lot of the items it offers are really rather pretty.

Just before Christmas I was delighted to discover that they stocked a set of two-in-a-pack boxes for just £2.49. One set is a dark pink with multi -coloured paisley patterning and the other is mostly blue with pretty roses, and blossoms and a bird cage on them. I have been buying a two-pack every now and then, and putting them aside.

Last week I bought the final amount of packs I would need, and yesterday emptied out the cupboard and sorted all the papers, diaries and notepads into dated and labelled boxes.

Knowing exactly where my papers and notebooks are for each year is contentfully comforting. 

While writing about this process, I  realised that since getting this blockage, I have been praying for clarity. I didn't know that by doing this process yesterday I was clearing physical clutter for clarity.
Today, I have felt much better. There has been a definite improvement from how I felt yesterday.

As with all Abraham processes, they always hit the vibrational spots. They go where the essence of the need can be met, rather than the obvious need.

Thanks for another gudun Abe.

No comments:

Post a Comment