Sunday 13 January 2013

Inner child fear of money and the Abraham Prosperity Game

I have been playing the Abraham Hicks Prosperity Game for a while. Starting small, so my mind would find it believeable, I happily enjoyed imagining the big-spending.

The Prosperity Game, from Ask And It Is Given, is a game to enhance ones imagination. Each day you imagine you've received £1000 more than the previous (I worked up in £100s until I hit £1000), and you spend all of it each day. Recording it in an accounting method that feels realistic to you.

I record my purchases, in detail, in a small notepad. Exactly the same as the one I use for my personal daily expenditure records.

So, you get and spend £1000 on the first day, £2000 on the second, £3000 on the third, and on you go until you've been doing it as long as want. Therefore, when you're on day 365 you get £365,000 to spend. By which time you'll have spent about 61 million in total.

I was having great fun playing with increasingly large sums. It helped me develop a sense of ease when spending my real money. I don't know how, but it works.

On Saturday (my Moonday), I was up to £6000, and had decided to buy myself, and 3 people in my life a suite on the Abraham Hicks Mediterranean cruise taking place in September this year. I would really love to go on the cruise, and thought it would be fun to buy tickets for others who are also enjoying Abraham's teachings.
The moment I "paid" for the cruise I felt discomfort, rather than the excitement id expected. I couldn't understand.

During my meditation I connected to my precious inner child. The discomfort I was experiencing was her fear, terrified of spending and having access to that kind of money.

It was an interesting awareness, I reassured her all was well, but she would not be soothed. So I turned to my failsafe inner child comfort blanket:
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).

Cathryn Taylor is an amazing EFT practitioner, who specializes in inner child work, with focus on addiction and codependency. Her EFT sessions always relieve me when Im feeling triggered.

When my attempts at writing and connecting to better feeling thoughts proved ineffective, I found and did the session on the YouTube clip below, and then again on Sunday evening. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FW2zkBlG5qc

After I had done the EFT session with Princess 'Seyi I felt instant relief. My alignment had been restored. In this gentler state of vibration, I was reminded of that Abraham said that the Universe will supply us with the things in our vortex incrementally.

If I (and my inner child) allow it to, the millions that I've put in my vibrational bank account - simply by observing the contrast of not having - will flow in a way I will be able to cope with. Therefore, I don't need to feel overwhelmed or afraid.

This was a very powerful clearing opportunity for me, as money is one of my core triggers. It has highlighted again how important my inner child is, and that I sometimes feel as afraid of success as of failing. 

Abundance allowing is a subject I will be focusing on as part of my Abraham 30 day challenge. It will be exciting to observe the evidence of what happens as my vibration clears.

If you don't know about EFT, Cathryn Taylor suggests a couple of websites to go to to learn the basics before jumping straight in. I've put a link to her website in my Luscious Links list. 

Inner child work is a very powerful way of connecting to the blocked emotions stored within our bodies from the past. When I experience an excessive reaction to a relatively minor occurrence, I know my inner child has been triggered. I pounce on the opportunity to do some work on clearing the emotional issues that have come up, using whatever method works. As with what happened on Saturday, I often need to try several things to soothe Princess 'Seyi. 

EFT has been a vital component in connecting to, and processing my old, suppressed emotional memories. However, be aware that it can bring up some painful memories. I will discuss this important topic a lot.

On Saturday I didn't sleep until 430 in the morning. I basked in my vortex all night. My relaxed state easily kept me there, downloading ideas and information. At one point I was so connected with natural Well-Being and abundance, I felt like I didn't need any money or anything anymore. It was a wonderful sensation of peace and flowing, such as I've never experienced. I am eager to have more experiences like that, sharing my progress with you, as I do this work.

I will end with a quote from the delicious Dorothy Parker:
"I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I bet id be a darling at it!"

1 comment: